Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I hate running...

I HATE RUNNING! 

True story!  There are a couple of things that keep me coming back though, the exhilaration of signing up for a race and the satisfaction and pride of completion!  I LOVE the feeling I have AFTER the run! 

I'm not sure exactly how it started but I am fairly certain it may have had something to do with my rapidly approaching 30th Birthday.  I wanted to have a major accomplishment and somewhere in the mix I became a wannabe runner.

I hadn't really run much since High School so I knew my first race needed to be short and it needed to be fun.  I found the Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 5K.  Costumes encouraged!  I ran the whole way and knew I needed to sign up for another one!

(Above Photo: Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 5K 2009 - I even talked my then boyfriend/now husband Phil into it!  Even better - COUPLES COSTUMES!)

(Above Photo: Celebrating the completion of my very first run in the Beer Garden.)

The next few blog posts are going to chronicle prior runs - my first, second, third, fourth and fifth half marathons and then come to present date.  I have three runs scheduled over the next three months, a 5K, Half Marathon and finally MY VERY FIRST FULL MARATHON!  My training schedule, my aches and pains.  I want to remember it all and I'm so excited to chronicle it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment