Wednesday, April 17, 2013

9 Weeks of Marathon Training in the Bag!


I got the itch to run 26.2.  Just once.  I'm doing it for the bumper sticker! 

While celebrating one of my best friend's weddings in San Diego I got to talking with a fellow Bridesmaid about a recent marathon she had completed in Buenos Aires!  It got me thinking, I can do that too, can't I?  She shared her training plan with me and with a few revisions of my own and help from my friend's Mom, I got started just a week later on my 19 week plan.

It hasn't all been smooth sailing.  On my third training run, I came home after only half a mile with a foot injury.  I had to start all over again a week later.  Which brings us to present date, 9 weeks in and I'm SICK which will lose me another week of training.  On the up side, I've had plenty of time to create this blog!  I continue to remind myself that it's health first and that the training plan is just that, a plan.  I'll be back on track next week. 

As you can tell, I take this process really seriously and am so excited for the biggest running accomplishment of my life!  Here it is... you'll laugh, but I'm obsessed with spreadsheets, planning, organizing, charting, etc.  I know, it's sick.  Along with the 'Marathon Command Center' I created I also found this 'Hey, Girl' pin on Pinterest that is just so me, I couldn't resist!  Maybe you'll get a laugh just like I did.



This is a 'training plan' and 'Command Center'
that I just made up.  If you're looking for a 'real'
one, you should go online and look for a formal
plan or join an organization
where they offer training assistance.  I'm no expert.
Remember, I'm a wannabe runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment